Underwritten by: Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited
Appointed Insurance Agency: Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited
Should dreadful disease strikes, the Life Insured and his/ her family may not only suffer from mental distress, but also have to bear a heavy financial burden. Most coverage of medical insurance is on reimbursement basis and does not provide immediate cash payment. Best Care Dread Disease 30 (The "Benefit") 1 can cope with such needs.
If the Life Insured is diagnosed with any covered Dread Diseases by a Physician, a lump sum cash payment2 will be paid to give you extra financial support for your medical or living expenses.
If the Benefit is attached to a renewable term insurance, the premium shall be adjusted on each renewal date. Renewal premium is not guaranteed and will be calculated according to the Life Insured's attained age and the premium rates upon renewal.
If the Life Insured is diagnosed with any of the following Dread Diseases by a Physician before the Policy Anniversary on or immediately following the Life Insured's 75th birthday and within the Benefit Term of the Basic Plan, a cash payment2 which is equal to the Sum Assured of Best Care Dread Disease 30, less Indebtedness (if any) will be paid in advance from the Sum Assured of the Basic Plan. The Sum Assured of the Basic Plan will be reduced after the Dread Disease Benefit is paid while the premium shall be proportionally reduced.
Dread Diseases include:
|1. Stroke||16. Loss of Speech|
|2. Heart Attack||17. Major Burns|
|3. Cancer||18. Poliomyelitis|
|4. Coronary Artery Surgery||19. Muscular Dystrophy|
|5. Kidney Failure||20. Motor Neurone Disease|
|6. Major Organ Transplant||21. Parkinson's Disease3|
|7. Paralysis||22. Terminal Illness|
|8. Coma||23. Benign Brain Tumour|
|9. Heart Valve Replacement||24. Major Head Trauma|
|10. Chronic Liver Disease||25. Bacterial Meningitis|
|11. Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension||26. AIDS due to Blood Transfusion|
|12. Surgery of Aorta||27. Medullary Cystic Disease|
|13. Aplastic Anaemia||28. Chronic Relapsing Pancreatitis|
|14. Blindness||29. Chronic Lung Disease|
|15. Loss of Hearing||30. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus|
- The Benefit shall terminate automatically: (1) if and when the Benefit expires; or (2) if and when the Basic Plan to which the Benefit is attached terminates; or (3) if and when a premium remains unpaid at the end of Grace Period as specified in the General Provisions; or (4) if the Sum Assured under the Benefit has been fully paid; or (5) on the Policy Anniversary on or immediately following the Life Insured's 75th birthday. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to cancel the Benefit at any time by giving 30 days' notice in writing to the Policyowner.
- In the event of the Life Insured's survival for 30 days following the Diagnosis by a Physician as suffering from above Dread Disease(s), a cash payment will be paid.
- Protection will be valid before the Life Insured aged 60.
The Benefit shall not cover any claims caused directly, or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any one of the following occurrences:
- the symptoms of Dread Disease first occurred prior to the Issue Date of the Benefit, or within 90 days following the Issue Date, date of endorsement or the date of any reinstatement of the Benefit, whichever is later;
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS related complex or infection by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), other than those acquired through blood transfusion;
- suicide or self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane;
- war whether declared or undeclared or any act thereof, invasion, civil commotion, riots or any warlike operations;
- service in the armed forces in time of declared or undeclared war or while under orders for warlike operations or restoration of public order;
- violation or attempted violation of the law or resisting arrest or participation in any brawl or affray;
- engaging in or taking part in (a) driving or riding in any kind of race; (b) professional sports; (c) underwater activities involving the use of breathing apparatus; (d) flying or other aerial activity except as a fare-paying passenger in a commercial aircraft;
- intoxication by alcohol, narcotics or drugs.
Exchange Rate Risk
If the Policy Value and premium of the Plan are calculated in USD, all benefit amount will be presented in USD. If the benefit amount is received in terms of HKD, it is subject to the exchange rate between USD and HKD as determined by Hong Kong Life at the time of payment. Due to the potential fluctuation of the exchange rate, if USD depreciates substantially against HKD, the benefit value (calculated in HKD) of the Policy may be substantially decreased; if USD appreciates substantially against HKD, the premium (calculated in HKD) of the Policy may be substantially increased.
Credit Risk of Issuer
The Plan is issued and underwritten by Hong Kong Life. Your Policy is subject to the credit risk of Hong Kong Life. In the worst case, you may lose all the premium paid and benefit amount.
When reviewing the values shown in the Insurance Proposal, please note that the cost of living in the future is likely to be higher than it is today due to inflation.
The above information is for reference and is applicable within Hong Kong only. For terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document. If there is any conflict between the above information and the policy document, the latter shall prevail. The copy of the policy document is available upon request. Before applying for the insurance plan, you may refer to the contents and terms of the policy document. You may also seek independent and professional advice before making any decision.