Underwritten by: Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited
Appointed Insurance Agency: Chong Hing Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited
Integrated Outpatient Service
Your Intimate Protection
Hong Kong Life offers you an one-stop and integrated outpatient service – We-Care Outpatient Plan (the "Plan"). The Plan provides comprehensive outpatient services to help you cope with medical expenses. You can also choose a regular health check-up program to better manage your health and prevent common diseases.
Unlimited General Practitioner Consultation
By presenting the medical card1 of the Plan with co-payment, you can enjoy unlimited2 general practitioner consultation. Besides, the Plan also provides specialist consultation3, Chinese medicine practitioner consultation and medication, acupuncture, X-ray and laboratory test to care for your health more comprehensively.
Referral Letter Waived for Common Specialist Consultation
To simplify the consultation procedure, the referral letter will be waived for specialist consultation of Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Otorhinolaryngology, thus enhancing you to receive appropriate treatment in a timely manner.
Regular Check-up for Concerning Your Health
To help you prevent common diseases, the Plan offers health check-up program at special rates.
Prevention is better than Cure
The Plan offers "Preventive Healthcare Program" 4 with a special offer of 15% discount. "Preventive Healthcare Program" 4 includes Physiotherapy Sessions, Dietitian Consultation, Eye Examination, Registered Chinese Medicine Services (Acupuncture and Bone-setting), Colonoscopy and various Vaccination Programs etc.
Professional Medical Services
The healthcare and medical services of the Plan are provided by Quality Healthcare Medical Services Limited which possesses extensive service network across Hong Kong and provides convenient and reliable services for you.
If 2 family members make application simultaneously to the Plan, a premium discount of 8% for all Policy Years will be offered. If 3 or above family members make application simultaneously, a first year premium discount of 10% and a premium discount of 8% starting from the 2nd Policy Year will be offered.
|General Practitioner Consultation and Basic Medication2||HKD 20 co-payment
|HKD 40 co-payment
|HKD 50 co-payment
|Specialist Consultation and Basic Medication2
(must be referred by Network Doctors except Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Otorhinolaryngology)
|HKD 50 co-payment
|HKD 100 co-payment
|X-ray and Laboratory Test
(must be referred by Network Doctors)
|Maximum of HKD 2,000
per Policy Year
|Maximum of HKD 1,000
per Policy Year
|Chinese Medicine Practitioner Consultation and Basic Medication5
(included basic herbs or granules)
|HKD 30 co-payment
|HKD 50 co-payment
|Acupuncture5||HKD 50 co-payment
|12 times Chinese Medicine Practitioner Consultation plus Acupuncture per Policy Year
15% discount on extra consultation
|20 times Chinese Medicine Practitioner Consultation per Policy Year
15% discount on extra consultation
|"City-Life" Health Check-up / "Comprehensive Check-up" 4||Enjoy special price for below health check-up programs|
|Death Benefit||HKD 1,000|
"Preventive Healthcare Program"4 with a special offer of 15% discount
- Physiotherapy Sessions
- Dietitian Consultation
- Eye Examination
- Chinese Medicine Services (Acupuncture and Bone-setting)
- Vaccination Program
- HPV Vaccination: Gardasil (HPV 4-in-1) & Cervarix (HPV 2-in-1)
- Hepatitis A Vaccination
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccination
- Herpes Zoster Vaccination (Zostavax)
- Pneumococcus Vaccination (Prevenar 13)
- Influenza Vaccination
- Infant Vaccination
- Infanrix HEXA (6-in-1) Vaccination
- Infanrix IPV Hib (5-in-1) Vaccination
- B.C.G. Vaccination
- MMR Vaccination (Measles, Mumps & Rubella)
- Chicken Pox Vaccination (Varilrix)
- Rotavirus Vaccination (Rotarix)
|Premium Payment Term||1 Year|
|Issue Age*||Aged 0 (30 days after birth) to 70|
|Benefit Term||1 Year
(Renewable6 up to aged 70 of the Life Insured)
|Premium Payment Mode||Annual / Monthly|
*Age means age of the Life Insured at the last birthday
- Medical Service will be effective after the Policy has been issued for 1 month.
- Limited to 1 visit per day.
- Specialist Consultation must be referred by Network Doctor except Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Otorhinolaryngology.
- For details of the updated health check-up and healthcare items, please contact Hong Kong Life's Customer Services Officer. "City-Life" Health Check-up, "Comprehensive Check-up" and "Preventive Healthcare Program" are provided by Quality Healthcare Medical Services Limited. Hong Kong Life will not be responsible for any medical services or opinions provided by Quality Healthcare Medical Services Limited. Hong Kong Life reserves the right of final decision in case of any dispute.
- Total number of visit for Chinese Medicine Practitioner Consultation plus Acupuncture is limited to 1 time per day.
- Renewal premium is not guaranteed and will be calculated according to the Life Insured's attained age and the premium rates upon renewal. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to cancel the Plan at any time by giving 30 days' notice in writing to the Policyowner.
The Plan shall not cover any claims directly or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any one of the following occurrences. Any charges incurred as a result of such occurrences shall be paid in full by the Life Insured or Policyowner.
- medications for congenital defects, chronic disease, indefinite or long-term ailments;
- any complications arising from pregnancy which shall include childbirth, pre-natal care, miscarriage, abortion, contraception, sterilization and infertility;
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection and/or any HIV-related illness including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and/or any mutations, derivations or variations thereof; venereal diseases and sexually transmitted diseases;
- self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane, psychiatric treatment, mental or nervous diseases or disorder, chronic alcoholism or drug addiction or being under the influence of alcohol or drug, rest cures and psychological therapy;
- dental, eye refraction treatment, eyesight test or the supply of hearing aids and prosthetic limbs;
- extra-ordinarily expensive medications;
- routine physical examinations or investigations, cosmetic treatment, plastic surgery, vaccinations, immunizations injections, pre-package commercial health supplement, preventive medication or any treatment which is not Medically Necessary;
- advanced diagnostic imaging test including MRI, CT scan and PET scan; or specialized X-rays including but not restricted to Barium meal, Intravenous Pyelogram, and Cholangram; or specialized investigation including but not restricted to ultrasound examination, echocardiogram, endoscopy, mammography and audiometry;
- any treatments or intervention by any person other than a Network Doctor or at location that is not authorized by the Scheme Manager;
- any charges incurred as a result of the medical conditions that are prior to or within 1 calendar month following the Issue Date, date of endorsement or date of reinstatement of the Policy, whichever is later.
Credit Risk of Issuer
The Plan is issued and underwritten by Hong Kong Life. Your Policy is subject to the credit risk of Hong Kong Life. In the worst case, you may lose all the premium paid and benefit amount.
When reviewing the values shown in the Insurance Proposal, please note that the cost of living in the future is likely to be higher than it is today due to inflation.
Important Policy Provisions
The Plan shall terminate automatically:
- upon the death of the Life Insured; or
- on the Policy Anniversary on or immediately following the Life Insured's seventy-first (71st) birthday; or
- if and when the Plan expires; or
- on the written notification from the Policyowner declining any revised Outpatient Benefit Schedule under the Automatic Revision of Benefit; or
- if and when a premium remains unpaid after the premium due date as specified in the Payment of Premiums provisions.
Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs (if any).
If you are not satisfied with your Policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy(ies) paid (in the original payment currency) to Hong Kong Life without any interest. A written notice signed by you should be received by Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited at 15/F Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, 21 days after the delivery of the Policy or issue of the Cooling-off Right Notice (informing you/your representative about the availability of the Policy and Expiry Date of the cooling-off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the Policy before the end of the term, the projected Total Surrender Value (if applicable) may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
Dispute on Selling Process and Product
Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited (collectively "Appointed Insurance Agencies" and each individually "Appointed Insurance Agency") are the Appointed Insurance Agencies of Hong Kong Life, and the life insurance product is a product of Hong Kong Life but not the Appointed Insurance Agencies. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Appointed Insurance Agency and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, Appointed Insurance Agency is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the life insurance product should be resolved between Hong Kong Life and the customer directly.
The above information is for reference and is applicable within Hong Kong only. For terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document. If there is any conflict between the above information and the policy document, the latter shall prevail. The copy of the policy document is available upon request. Before applying for the insurance plan, you may refer to the contents and terms of the policy document. You may also seek independent and professional advice before making any decision.