Underwritten by: Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited
Appointed Insurance Agency: Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited
- 2-year Premium Payment Term 1 for 8-years life protection
- The guaranteed return at Maturity is equal to 107.8%2 of the Principal Amount3
- Total return at Maturity (non-guaranteed) is equal to 131.8%4 of the Principal Amount3
- Annual Dividend (non-guaranteed)5
- Simple application and no medical examination is required
- Fixed premium for your better planning
- Life protection
|Policy Year||Total Death Benefit|
|1 - 2||100% of Total Premiums Paid||plus Accumulated Dividends and Interest (non-guaranteed)5,6 (if any), less Indebtedness (if any).|
|3 - 8||105% of Total Premiums Paid OR
100% of Guaranteed Cash Value as at the date of death of the Life Insured (whichever is greater)
Important: Below is a summary illustration of the projected Surrender Value and Death Benefit of the Policy. It is intended to show the proportion of any non-guaranteed elements and in no way affects the terms and conditions stated in the policy document.
Assuming the Principal Amount 3 is USD100,000
Dividend Option: Accumulation with Interest
|End of Policy Year||Total Premiums Paid||SURRENDER VALUE||DEATH BENEFIT|
|Accumulated Dividends and Interest5,6,7||Terminal Dividend||Accumulated Dividends and Interest5,6,7||Terminal Dividend|
The above example is for reference only. Please refer to the Insurance Proposal of Prime Saver 8 (the "Plan") for actual premium and more details.
|Premium Payment Term||2 Years|
|Issue Age*||Aged 0 (15 days after birth) to 70|
|Benefit Term||8 Years|
|Minimum Principal Amount3||USD10,000|
|Maximum Principal Amount3||USD1,000,000 (Per Life Insured per Plan)|
|Premium Payment Mode||Annual|
* Age means age of the Life Insured at the last birthday
- The Policy will be terminated if the Policyowner cannot settle the premium payment before the end of the Grace Period during the Premium Payment Term, subject to the Non-forfeiture Option and other relevant provisions of the Policy. For detailed terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document issued by Hong Kong Life. If the Policy is terminated before the Policy Maturity, the Total Surrender Value (if applicable) received by the Policyowner may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
- The guaranteed return is equal to 107.8% of the Principal Amount upon Policy Maturity.
- It is used to calculate Initial Premium, any subsequent premium, benefits and policy values (if any) of the respective Basic Plan and/or any Supplementary Benefit. Any subsequent change of the Principal Amount will result in corresponding change in premium, benefits and policy values (if any) of the respective Basic Plan and/or any Supplementary Benefit. The Principal Amount does not represent the amount of death benefit of the respective Basic Plan and/or any Supplementary Benefit.
- Total return is equal to 131.8% of the Principal Amount upon Policy Maturity. The return is not guaranteed and assumes the full amount of Annual Dividend is left with the Policy for interest accumulation. Annual Dividend and the annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount received may be higher or lower than the estimated amount. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change them from time to time.
- Annual Dividend and the annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount received may be higher or lower than the estimated amount. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change them from time to time. The Annual Dividend and/or interest withdrawn will no longer be accumulated as part of the Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy. The Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy will be reduced accordingly.
- Accumulated Dividends and Interest means the aggregate of (1) the total amount of distributed Annual Dividend left with Hong Kong Life (if any); and (2) the total amount of interest accumulated on any distributed Annual Dividend left with Hong Kong Life.
- The current interest accumulation rate used to illustrate the interest accumulation on Annual Dividend is 5% per annum. This rate is not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount received may be higher or lower than the estimated amount. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change it from time to time.
- The amount of Total Premiums Paid and other illustration figures may differ slightly from the total premiums payable and actual figures due to rounding differences.
Exchange Rate Risk
If the Policy Value and premium of the Plan are calculated in USD, all benefit amount will be presented in USD. If the benefit amount is received in terms of HKD, it is subject to the exchange rate between USD and HKD as determined by Hong Kong Life at the time of payment. Due to the potential fluctuation of the exchange rate, if USD depreciates substantially against HKD, the benefit value (calculated in HKD) of the Policy may be substantially decreased; if USD appreciates substantially against HKD, the premium (calculated in HKD) of the Policy may be substantially increased.
Liquidity Risk / Long Term Commitment
The Plan is designed to be held until the Maturity / Expiry Date. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Maturity / Expiry Date, a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
The premium of the Plan should be paid in full for the whole payment term. If you discontinue the payment, the Policy may lapse and a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
Credit Risk of Issuer
The Plan is issued and underwritten by Hong Kong Life. Your Policy is subject to the credit risk of Hong Kong Life. In the worst case, you may lose all the premium paid and benefit amount.
The amount of dividends (if any) of the Plan depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax; while the annual interest accumulation rate principally depends on the factors including investment performance and market conditions. Hence the amount of dividends (if any) and annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual dividends payable and annual interest accumulation rate may be higher or lower than the expected amount and value at the time when the Policy was issued.
When reviewing the values shown in the Insurance Proposal, please note that the cost of living in the future is likely to be higher than it is today due to inflation.
Important Policy Provisions
If the Life Insured commits suicide, while sane or insane, within one (1) year from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later, the liability of Hong Kong Life shall be limited to a refund of paid premiums to the Beneficiary without interest less any existing Indebtedness. In the case of reinstatement, such refund of premium shall be calculated from the date of reinstatement.
This clause shall not apply to any Supplementary Benefit granting disability, accident or hospital benefits attached to the Policy unless stated otherwise in the contrary.
The validity of the Policy shall not be contestable except for (i) the non-payment of premiums, (ii) fraud or (iii) misstatement of age and/or sex as specified in the Misstatement of Age and/or Sex provisions, after it has been in force during the lifetime of the Life Insured for two (2) years from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later. Premiums paid will not be refunded should the Policy be voided by Hong Kong Life.
The Plan shall terminate automatically:
- upon the death of the Life Insured; or
- if and when the Plan matures or is surrendered; or
- if and when a premium remains unpaid at the end of the Grace Period as specified in the General Provisions; or
- if and when the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule.
The Plan is an insurance plan with a savings element. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs (if any).
If you are not satisfied with your Policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy(ies) paid (in the original payment currency) to Hong Kong Life without any interest. A written notice signed by you should be received by Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited at 15/F Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, 21 days after the delivery of the Policy or issue of the Cooling-off Right Notice (informing you/your representative about the availability of the Policy and Expiry Date of the cooling-off period), whichever is the earlier). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the Policy before the end of the term, the projected Total Surrender Value (if applicable) may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
Hong Kong Life determines the amount of divisible surplus that will be distributed in the form of dividends. Dividends will be determined and distributed according to the Policy's terms and conditions and in compliance with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as well as relevant actuarial standards, whereas Terminal Dividend is available for certain types of policies and payable at the termination of the policies.
The amount of divisible surplus depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax. Hence the amount of dividends is not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual dividends payable may be higher or lower than the expected amount at the time when the policies were issued. The withdrawal of dividends will decrease the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
After the Plan has acquired a Guaranteed Cash Value and while the Policy is in force, the Policyowner may, upon the sole security and satisfactory assignment of the Policy to Hong Kong Life, apply for a Policy Loan from the Plan. Any loan on the Policy shall bear interest at a rate declared by Hong Kong Life from time to time. Interest on the loan shall accrue and compound daily from the date of loan. The Policy Loan Interest Rate is not guaranteed and will be changed from time to time. The loan and the interest accrued thereon shall constitute Indebtedness against the Policy. Interest shall be due on each Policy Anniversary subsequent to the date of loan. In the event that the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule, the Policy will terminate. Any Policy Loan and accrued loan interest may reduce the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
The Plan is not equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. The Plan is not a protected deposit and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Dispute on Selling Process and Product
Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited (collectively "Appointed Insurance Agencies" and each individually "Appointed Insurance Agency") are the Appointed Insurance Agencies of Hong Kong Life, and the insurance product is a product of Hong Kong Life but not the Appointed Insurance Agencies. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Appointed Insurance Agency and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, Appointed Insurance Agency is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the life insurance product should be resolved between Hong Kong Life and the customer directly.
The above information is for reference and is applicable within Hong Kong only. For terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document. If there is any conflict between the above information and the policy document, the latter shall prevail. The copy of the policy document is available upon request. Before applying for the insurance plan, you may refer to the contents and terms of the policy document. You may also seek independent and professional advice before making any decision.