Underwritten by: Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited
Appointed Licensed Insurance Agency: Chong Hing Bank Limited and CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited
Smart Achiever Single Premium Protection Plan (The "Plan") is a life protection plan with savings element. By paying a single premium, you can enjoy a whole life protection until age 100 of the Life Insured.
- If the Life Insured dies while the Plan is in force, the Total Death Benefit which is equal to the Sum Assured, plus Accumulated Dividends and Interest (non-guaranteed)1,2 (if any) and Terminal Dividend (non-guaranteed)2(if any), less Indebtedness (if any) will be paid to the Policy Beneficiary.
- The Plan offers Terminal Illness Benefit3. If the Life Insured is diagnosed to have Terminal Illness4 before age 60, a lump sum cash payment which is equal to the Sum Assured of the Plan will be advanced to provide immediate financial assistance. The Plan shall terminate automatically when the Terminal Illness Benefit has been paid.
Annual Dividend (non-guaranteed)2 may be distributed annually in terms of cash. You can choose cash withdrawal or leaving it with the Policy for interest accumulation2 to meet your personal needs.
In addition, Terminal Dividend (non-guaranteed)2 may be payable starting from the 20th Policy Anniversary when the Policy is surrendered by the Policyowner, the Life Insured dies or upon Policy Maturity, whichever is the earliest.
- You can enjoy total peace of mind with only a single premium payment.
|Premium Payment Term||1 Year|
|Issue Age*||Age 0 (15 days after birth) to 80|
|Policy Currency||HKD / USD|
|Benefit Term||Until age 100 of the Life Insured|
|Minimum Sum Assured||HKD100,000 / USD12,500|
|Premium Payment Term||Single Premium|
*Age means age of the Life Insured at the last birthday
- Accumulated Dividends and Interest means the aggregate of (1) the total amount of distributed Annual Dividend left with Hong Kong Life (if any); and (2) the total amount of interest accumulated on any distributed Annual Dividend left with Hong Kong Life.
- Annual Dividend, the annual interest accumulation rate and Terminal Dividend are not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount payable may be higher or lower than those illustrated in the Insurance Proposal. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change them from time to time. The Annual Dividend and/or interest withdrawn will no longer be accumulated as part of the Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy. The Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy will be reduced accordingly.
- The Terminal Illness Benefit is only applicable to the Life Insured of age 55 or below at the time of Policy application.
- Death of the Life Insured is highly probable within 12 months as a result of an illness and must be confirmed by Hong Kong Life's appointed medical officer.
The Terminal Illness Benefit shall not cover any claims caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any one of the following occurrences:
- self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane;
- war whether declared or undeclared or any act thereof, invasion, civil commotion, riots or any warlike operations;
- service in the armed forces in time of declared or undeclared war or while under orders for warlike operations or restoration of public order;
- violation or attempted violation of the law or resisting arrest or participation in any brawl or affray;
- childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or abortion.
Exchange Rate Risk
You are subject to exchange rate risks for the Policy denominated in currencies other than the local currency. Exchange rates fluctuate from time to time. You may suffer a loss of your benefit values and the subsequent premium payments (if any) may be higher than your initial premium payment as a result of exchange rate fluctuations.
Liquidity Risk / Long Term Commitment
The Plan is designed to be held until the Maturity / Expiry Date. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Maturity / Expiry Date, a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
The premium of the Plan should be paid in full for the whole payment term. If you discontinue the payment, the Policy may lapse and a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
Credit Risk of Issuer
The life insurance product is issued and underwritten by Hong Kong Life. The premium to be paid by you would become part of the assets of Hong Kong Life and that you and your Policy are subject to the credit risk of Hong Kong Life. In the worst case, you may lose all the premium paid and benefit amount.
The amount of dividends (if any) of the Plan depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax; while the annual interest accumulation rate principally depends on the factors including investment performance and market conditions. Hence the amount of dividends (if any) and annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual dividends payable and annual interest accumulation rate may be higher or lower than the expected amount and value at the time when the Policy was issued.
When reviewing the values shown in the Insurance Proposal, please note that the cost of living in the future is likely to be higher than it is today due to inflation.
Important Policy Provisions
If the Life Insured commits suicide, while sane or insane, within one (1) year from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later, the liability of Hong Kong Life shall be limited to a refund of paid premiums to the Beneficiary without interest less any existing Indebtedness. In the case of reinstatement, such refund of premium shall be calculated from the date of reinstatement.
The validity of the Policy shall not be contestable except for (i) the non-payment of premiums, (ii) fraud or (iii) misstatement of age and/or sex as specified in the Misstatement of Age and/or Sex provisions, after it has been in force during the lifetime of the Life Insured for two (2) years from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later. Premiums paid will not be refunded should the Policy be voided by Hong Kong Life.
The Plan shall terminate automatically:
- upon the death of the Life Insured; or
- if and when the Plan matures or is surrendered; or
- if and when the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule.
The Plan is an insurance plan with a savings element. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs (if any).
Part of the premium of the Plan pays for the Policy Fee, the current annual Policy Fee is HKD240 / USD30.
If you are not satisfied with your Policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy(ies) paid (in the original payment currency) to Hong Kong Life without any interest. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited at 15/F Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, the period of 21 calendar days immediately following either the day of delivery of the Policy or the Cooling-off Notice to you or your nominated representative (whichever is the earlier)). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the Policy before the end of the term, the projected Total Surrender Value (if applicable) may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
Hong Kong Life determines the amount of divisible surplus that will be distributed in the form of dividends. Dividends will be determined and distributed according to the Policy's terms and conditions and in compliance with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as well as relevant actuarial standards, whereas Terminal Dividend is available for certain types of policies and payable at the termination of the policies.
The amount of divisible surplus depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax. Hence the amount of dividends is not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual dividends payable may be higher or lower than the expected amount at the time when the policies were issued. The withdrawal of dividends will decrease the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
After the Plan has acquired a Guaranteed Cash Value and while the Policy is in force, the Policyowner may, upon the sole security and satisfactory assignment of the Policy to Hong Kong Life, apply for a Policy Loan from the Plan. Any loan on the Policy shall bear interest at a rate declared by Hong Kong Life from time to time. Interest on the loan shall accrue and compound daily from the date of loan. The Policy Loan Interest Rate is not guaranteed and will be changed from time to time. The loan and the interest accrued thereon shall constitute Indebtedness against the Policy. Interest shall be due on each Policy Anniversary subsequent to the date of loan. In the event that the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule, the Policy will terminate. Any Policy Loan and accrued loan interest may reduce the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
The Plan is not equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. The Plan is not a protected deposit and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Dispute on Selling Process and Product
Chong Hing Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited, Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited and Wing Lung Bank Limited (collectively "Appointed Insurance Agencies" and each individually "Appointed Insurance Agency") are the Appointed Insurance Agencies of Hong Kong Life, and the life insurance product is a product of Hong Kong Life but not the Appointed Insurance Agencies. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Appointed Insurance Agency and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, Appointed Insurance Agency is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the life insurance product should be resolved between Hong Kong Life and the customer directly.
The above information is for reference and is applicable within Hong Kong only. The above information does not contain the full terms of the policy document. For full terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document. If there is any conflict between the above information and the policy document, the latter shall prevail. The copy of the policy document is available upon request. Before applying for the insurance plan, you may refer to the contents and terms of the policy document. You may also seek independent and professional advice before making any decision.