Underwritten by: Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited
Appointed Licensed Insurance Agency: Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited
Monthly Reward To Build Your Dream
To live with financial freedom, to enjoy retirement or to pursue a dream, early planning is necessary. Hong Kong Life cares your needs and cordially introduces Monthly Reward Annuity Plan (the "Plan") to help you achieve your different goals. The Plan offers different Premium Payment Terms1 and Income Periods. A stable Monthly Income2, which allows you to prepare for the future, will be payable after 1-year accumulation period while the Policy is in force.
Flexible Premium Payment Term1
The Plan offers 2 options of Premium Payment Term1 that suit your personal needs: 1 year or 3 years1. Accumulation period is just 1 year, and Monthly Income2 will be distributed subsequently during the Income Period.
Free Choices of Income Period for Monthly Income2
A stable Guaranteed Monthly Income and extra Non-guaranteed Monthly Income3 will be payable within the Income Period.
- You can choose 18 years Income Period or until age 100 of the Life Insured;
- You can choose monthly cash withdrawal or leaving them with the Policy for interest accumulation4,5.
Annual Dividend (non-guaranteed)6 may be distributed annually and the full amount of Annual Dividend (non-guaranteed)6 will be left with the Policy for interest accumulation6. The total amount of distributed Annual Dividend left with Hong Kong Life and its accumulated interest (non-guaranteed)6 will then be used to pay for the Non-guaranteed Monthly Income3 during the Income Period.
Life Protection without Worries
If the Life Insured dies while the Plan is in force, the Total Death Benefit will be paid to the Policy Beneficiary. Protection continues even when the Premium Payment Term ends to give you extra peace of mind.
|Total Death Benefit|
|Within the Accumulation Period||100% of the Total Premiums Paid
100% of Guaranteed Cash Value as at the date of death of the Life Insured
(whichever is greater)
|plus Accumulated Dividends and Interest
(non-guaranteed)6,7(if any), less Indebtedness (if any).
|Within the Income Period||101% of the Total Premiums Paid less any Guaranteed Monthly Income distributed
101% of Guaranteed Cash Value as at the date of death of the Life Insured
(whichever is greater)
|plus Accumulated Guaranteed Monthly Income5 (if any) and
Accumulated Dividends and Interest (non-guaranteed)6,7 (if any), less Indebtedness (if any).
Accidental Death Benefit8 for Extra Peace of Mind
The Plan provides complimentary Accidental Death Benefit8 for the first Policy Year. If the Life Insured dies because of accident, an extra benefit equals to 30% of the single or first year premium of the Plan will be paid to the Policy Beneficiary.
Fixed Premium for Your Better Planning
The premium will remain unchanged throughout the Premium Payment Term1 allowing you to have a better plan for your future.
Application procedure is simple and no medical examination is required.
|Monthly Reward 18||Monthly Reward Whole Life|
|Premium Payment Term||1 Year||3 Years||1 Year||3 Years|
|Issue Age*||Age 18 to 80||Age 50 to 85||Age 50 to 80|
|Policy Currency||HKD / USD|
|Benefit Term||19 Years||Until age 100 of the Life Insured|
|Minimum Guaranteed Monthly Income||HKD1,600 / USD200|
|Maximum Total Premiums Period||HKD20,000,000 / USD2,500,000|
|Premium Payment Mode||
Single Premium (Applicable to 1-year Premium Payment Term only)
Annual / Semi-annual / Quarterly / Monthly (Applicable to 3-year Premium Payment Term only)
*Age means age of the Life Insured at the last birthday
- The Policy will be terminated if the Policyowner cannot settle the premium payment before the end of the Grace Period during the Premium Payment Term, subject to the Automatic Premium Loan, Non-forfeiture Option and other relevant provisions of the Policy. For detailed terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document issued by Hong Kong Life. If the Policy is terminated before the Policy Maturity, the Total Surrender Value (if applicable) received by the Policyowner may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
- Monthly Income includes Guaranteed Monthly Income and Non-guaranteed Monthly Income.
- Non-guaranteed Monthly Income is not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount payable may be higher or lower than those illustrated in the Insurance Proposal. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change it from time to time.
- The annual interest accumulation rate is not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount payable may be higher or lower than those illustrated in the Insurance Proposal. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change it from time to time.
- The Guaranteed Monthly Income withdrawn will no longer be accumulated as part of the Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy. The Total Surrender Value and the Total Death Benefit of the Policy will be reduced accordingly.
- Annual Dividend and the annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The actual amount payable may be higher or lower than those illustrated in the Insurance Proposal. Hong Kong Life reserves the right to change them from time to time.
- Accumulated Dividends and Interest means the aggregate of (1) the total amount of distributed Annual Dividend and Non-guaranteed Monthly Income left with Hong Kong Life (if any); and (2) the total amount of interest accumulated on any distributed Annual Dividend, Guaranteed Monthly Income and Non-guaranteed Monthly Income left with Hong Kong Life.
- The Accidental Death Benefit is only applicable to the Life Insured of age 65 or below at the time of Policy application. The indemnity of the Accidental Death Benefit should not exceed an aggregate maximum of HKD 400,000 / USD 50,000 in respect of all Hong Kong Life's policies covering the Life Insured for the Accidental Death Benefit.
The Accidental Death Benefit shall not cover any claims caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any one of the following occurrences:
- suicide or self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane;
- war whether declared or undeclared or any act thereof, invasion, civil commotion, riots or any warlike operations;
- service in the armed forces in time of declared or undeclared war or while under orders for warlike operations or restoration of public order;
- violation or attempted violation of the law or resisting arrest or participation in any brawl or affray;
- engaging in or taking part in (a) driving or riding in any kind of race; (b) professional sports; (c) underwater activities involving the use of breathing apparatus; (d) flying or other aerial activity except as a fare-paying passenger in a commercial aircraft;
- accident occurring while or because the Life Insured is affected by alcohol or any drug;
- poison, gas or fumes whether voluntarily or involuntarily taken;
- disease or infection (except infection which occurs through an accidental cut or wound), including infection with any Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or any HIV-related illness including Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and/or any mutations, derivations or variations thereof;
- childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or abortion.
Exchange Rate Risk
You are subject to exchange rate risks for the Policy denominated in currencies other than the local currency. Exchange rates fluctuate from time to time. You may suffer a loss of your benefit values and the subsequent premium payments (if any) may be higher than your initial premium payment as a result of exchange rate fluctuations.
Liquidity Risk / Long Term Commitment
The Plan is designed to be held until the Maturity / Expiry Date. If you terminate the Policy prior to the Maturity / Expiry Date, a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
The premium of the Plan should be paid in full for the whole payment term. If you discontinue the payment, the Policy may lapse and a loss of the premium paid may be resulted.
Credit Risk of Issuer
The life insurance product is issued and underwritten by Hong Kong Life. The premium to be paid by you would become part of the assets of Hong Kong Life and that you and your Policy are subject to the credit risk of Hong Kong Life. In the worst case, you may lose all the premium paid and benefit amount.
The amount of Non-guaranteed Monthly Income and dividends (if any) of the Plan depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax; while the annual interest accumulation rate principally depends on the factors including investment performance and market conditions. Hence the amount of Non-guaranteed Monthly Income and dividends (if any) and annual interest accumulation rate are not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual Non-guaranteed Monthly Income and dividends payable and annual interest accumulation rate may be higher or lower than the expected amount and value at the time when the Policy was issued.
When reviewing the values shown in the Insurance Proposal, please note that the cost of living in the future is likely to be higher than it is today due to inflation.
Important Policy Provisions
If the Life Insured commits suicide, while sane or insane, within one (1) year from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later, the liability of Hong Kong Life shall be limited to a refund of paid premiums to the Beneficiary without interest less any existing Indebtedness. In the case of reinstatement, such refund of premium shall be calculated from the date of reinstatement.
The validity of the Policy shall not be contestable except for i) the non-payment of premiums, (ii) fraud or (iii) misstatement of age and/or sex as specified in the Misstatement of Age and/or Sex provisions, after it has been in force during the lifetime of the Life Insured for two (2) years from the Issue Date or date of any reinstatement, whichever is later. Premiums paid will not be refunded should the Policy be voided by Hong Kong Life.
The Plan shall terminate automatically:
- upon the death of the Life Insured; or
- if and when the Plan matures or is surrendered; or
- if and when a premium remains unpaid at the end of the Grace Period as specified in the General Provisions unless Automatic Premium Loan applies; or
- if and when the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule; or
- if and when the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule less Indebtedness (if any) is less than the premium required to maintain the Policy up to the next premium due date as specified in the Automatic Premium Loan provisions.
The Plan is an insurance plan with a savings element. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs (if any).
If you are not satisfied with your Policy, you have a right to cancel it within the cooling-off period and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy(ies) paid (in the original payment currency) to Hong Kong Life without any interest. A written notice signed by you should be received directly by Hong Kong Life Insurance Limited at 15/F Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period (that is, the period of 21 calendar days immediately following either the day of delivery of the Policy or the Cooling-off Notice to you or your nominated representative (whichever is the earlier)). After the expiration of the cooling-off period, if you cancel the Policy before the end of the term, the projected Total Surrender Value (if applicable) may be less than the Total Premiums Paid.
Hong Kong Life determines the amount of divisible surplus that will be distributed in the form of dividends. Dividends will be determined and distributed according to the Policy's terms and conditions and in compliance with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as well as relevant actuarial standards, whereas Terminal Dividend is available for certain types of policies and payable at the termination of the policies.
The amount of divisible surplus depends principally on the factors including investment returns, claim payments, policy persistency rates, operation expenses and tax. Hence the amount of dividends is not guaranteed and may be changed over time. The actual dividends payable may be higher or lower than the expected amount at the time when the policies were issued.
Withdrawal of Cash Payments
The withdrawal of cash payments (including but not limited to guaranteed cash coupon (if any) and monthly incomes (if any) etc.) will decrease the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
After the Plan has acquired a Guaranteed Cash Value and while the Policy is in force, the Policyowner may, upon the sole security and satisfactory assignment of the Policy to Hong Kong Life, apply for a Policy Loan from the Plan. Any loan on the Policy shall bear interest at a rate declared by Hong Kong Life from time to time. Interest on the loan shall accrue and compound daily from the date of loan. The Policy Loan Interest Rate is not guaranteed and will be changed from time to time. The loan and the interest accrued thereon shall constitute Indebtedness against the Policy. Interest shall be due on each Policy Anniversary subsequent to the date of loan. In the event that the Indebtedness of the Policy equals to or exceeds the Guaranteed Cash Value as shown on the Policy Schedule , the Policy will terminate. Any Policy Loan and accrued loan interest may reduce the Total Surrender Value and Total Death Benefit of the Policy.
No Policy Loan is allowed on or after the date of commencement of the Income Period.
The Plan is not equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. The Plan is not a protected deposit and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Dispute on Selling Process and Product
Chong Hing Bank Limited, CMB Wing Lung Bank Limited, OCBC Wing Hang Bank Limited and Shanghai Commercial Bank Limited (collectively "Appointed Licensed Insurance Agencies" and each individually "Appointed Licensed Insurance Agency") are the Appointed Licensed Insurance Agencies of Hong Kong Life, and the life insurance product is a product of Hong Kong Life but not the Appointed Licensed Insurance Agencies. In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between the Appointed Licensed Insurance Agency and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, Appointed Licensed Insurance Agency is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the life insurance product should be resolved between Hong Kong Life and the customer directly.
Accidental Death Benefit (Free)
Exchange Rate Risk, Credit Risk of Issuer, Inflation Risk, Cooling-off Period and Dispute on Selling Process and Product in the above Basic Plan section and the below point(s) is/ are applicable to the Accidental Death Benefit:
Important Policy Provisions
The Accidental Death Benefit shall terminate automatically:
- if and when the Accidental Death Benefit expires; or
- if and when the Basic Plan terminates.
The above information is for reference and is applicable within Hong Kong only. The above information does not contain the full terms of the policy document. For full terms and conditions, please refer to the policy document. If there is any conflict between the above information and the policy document, the latter shall prevail. The copy of the policy document is available upon request. Before applying for the insurance plan, you may refer to the contents and terms of the policy document. You may also seek independent and professional advice before making any decision.